Monday, July 18, 2011

Spicy Lemongrass Tofu

I know it’s been a while since I’ve added anything to Suddenly Ravenous so here goes. Every so often I get a craving for anything tofu. I know, I know. Everyone’s complaint is that tofu is tasteless. But I prefer to think of it as a blank canvas for flavour! And nothing imparts flavour quite like lemongrass. I always keep some handy in the freezer for that very reason.



For this recipe you will need:

• 1 lb chunk of extra firm tofu
• 4 tbsp finely minced lemongrass
• 2 chillies, finely minced
• 1 tsp kosher salt
• Olive oil for frying


Cut the tofu into ½ inch slices and pat dry with paper towel. Take away as much excess water as you can or else it may pop when you’re frying them.



Combine the lemongrass, minced chillies and salt in a bowl then spread about ½ teaspoon on each side of the tofu slice.



Heat a pan on medium-high with a splash of oil. Gently put each slice on the heated, oiled pan and fry for about 3-4 minutes on each side until golden brown.



Place on your favourite plate and enjoy!



images (c)citygirlscapes

No comments:

Post a Comment